Monday, November 23, 2015

I've lost count

More chemo tomorrow...I've lost count...either 73 or 74, either way to darn much! Oh well...it's the price to pay for staying on the right side of the dirt!

Gratitude and appreciation has been going through my mind recently, and then had a conversation about it tonight.  A lot of things that we do we do not expecting anything in return, which is the right way to go about it, but what if that person shows us gratitude or appreciation, what does that do to us...in my case it makes me want to do more for more people.

We all want to be loved, that is the most basic of fears, to not be loved.  If you are like me you understand and believe that God is love, Agape love, never ending love, but what about love from another human.  I'm not talking about love in the form of romance, love in the form of "I love you as a person, what can I do for you" with no expectations.

http://www.iamsecond.com/2015/10/what-motorcyclists-can-teach-us-about-one-of-lifes-greatest-lessons/

One of the best things you can do for someone when they love you and are a benefit in your life is show your gratitude and appreciation.  Sometimes our pride gets in the way, but just that little effort can turn an ordinary act into something that makes them smile or brightens their day.  Maybe it's as easy as saying thank you when someone holds the door, or when someone says hi, ask them how their day is going...your showing your appreciation for them saying something as simple as hi.  My friends that's love, that's love for your fellow man, that Agape love.

With all the crap in the world don't we owe that to each other, to love each other as we love our own family, to help those we can help, and to show gratitude and appreciation to those that help us.

So I would challenge you this Thanksgiving week, go beyond and show you gratitude and appreciation to those around you.  I bet you will see a lot more smiles!

Happy Thanksgiving!

#nevergiveup  #neversurrender

No comments:

Post a Comment